Submissions deadline Thursday February 22, 2018 at 4:30PM
2018 TIMERAISER: OPEN CALL TO ALL LOCAL 2D and 3D ARTISTS IN WOOD BUFFALO
For the full Artist Guidelines & Criteria click HERE
For the Artist Application and Waiver form click HERE
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
FuseSocial is thrilled to announce that the 2018 Call to Artists for the seventh edition of the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser is now open.
There is no submission fee associated with this call.
PLEASE USE THIS AS A CHECKLIST TO ENSURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL STEPS:
- Submissions must be received electronically by Thursday February 22, 2018 at 4:30PM
- ALL information/documentation must be submitted in ONE email and sent to:
Email will include:
- Completed submission form (including artist statements, bio & waiver)
- High resolution digital picture(s) of your submission(s).
- Develop two (2) Artist Labels that identifies your piece
- Include artist/artwork Information: Your name as you would like it to appear, the title of your work, the medium (example: Oil on Canvas, Mixed Media, Photography, etc.) and the dimensions (in inches). Affix one (1) label to the back of your artwork and bring one (1) additional label with you when you drop off your artwork
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2018 TIMERAISER EXHIBIT
Please read carefully
- Applicants must be a resident of Wood Buffalo
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and older
- Maximum three (3) pieces entered per artist may be submitted for consideration
- Pieces selected in previous years for Timeraiser may not be submitted again
- All pieces must be recent; created within the last 2 years (2016+)
- Works must be made independently, without guidance or instruction. Artworks made
during a workshop or class are not eligible
- All pieces must be original; no copies or prints permitted
- The artwork provided is the original artwork and is the sole intellectual property of the artist, with no copyright infringements. Please refer to the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website link for clarification on copyright:
- Questions regarding what constitutes original artwork? Please contact Arts Council Wood Buffalo or MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery- see contact info belowAll artwork must be ready to hang (wire setting 1/3 from the top of the artwork, no saw
- All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas must have finished painted
edges, no staples showing and artwork on various papers must be in a frame with glass
- For safety and security purposes, 3D artwork chosen will only be showcased during the
open reception and silent auction.
- Artist sets the price of the artwork and price must include framing and any taxes (up to
a maximum of $1,500)
- Art will be selected by a non-exhibiting jury consisting of representatives from
FuseSocial, the MI Visual Arts Department, Art Council of Wood Buffalo and a
member(s) of the Wood Buffalo community. There is no guarantee that all submitted
artwork will be chosen.
- Selected artists will be notified via email by March 2, 2018
- Successful entries into the exhibit are to be dropped off to the Snye Room at Suncor
Community Leisure Centre on:
- Thursday March 22 (6pm-9pm)
- Friday March 23 (12pm-3pm)
- Artists are responsible for making arrangements to drop-off their artwork at the designated time and space
- Exhibition of the artwork will commence on Monday March 26th. The Timeraiser event will take place on April 19th, 2018.
Arts Council Wood Buffalo will once again be hosting a Submission Workshop on Saturday January 20, 2018 to assist artists on best practices in photographing, framing and pricing artwork. More specific details will be available shortly, so please stay tuned!