Submissions deadline Thursday February 22, 2018 at 4:30PM
2018 TIMERAISER: OPEN CALL TO ALL LOCAL 2D and 3D BUDDING ARTISTS IN WOOD BUFFALO
ARTWORK SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND CRITERIA
For the full Buddy Artist in Wood Buffalo Guidelines & Criteria click HERE
For the Budding Artist Application and Waiver form click HERE
The 2018 Budding Artist Category is proudly presented by: Wood Buffalo and District Labour Council
FuseSocial is thrilled to announce that the 2018 Call to Budding Artists for the seventh edition of the Wood Buffalo Timeraiser is now open. Budding Artists are local artists aged 7-17 years. There is no submission fee associated with this call.
PLEASE USE THIS AS A CHECKLIST TO ENSURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL STEPS:
Submissions must be received electronically by Thursday February 22, 2018 at 4:30PM
ALL information/documentation must be submitted in ONE email and sent to: email@example.com
Email will include:
Completed submission form (including artist statements, bio & waiver).
High resolution digital picture(s) of your submission(s).
Develop two (2) Artist Labels that identifies your piece.
- Include your name as you would like it to appear, the title of your work, the medium (example: Oil on Canvas, Mixed Media, Photography, etc.) and the dimensions (in inches). Affix one (1) label to the back of your artwork and bring one (1) additional label with you when you drop off your artwork.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2018 TIMERAISER EXHIBIT
Please read carefully
- Applicants must be a resident of Wood Buffalo
- Applicants must be between the ages of 7 and 17 years of age
- Maximum of two (2) pieces per artist may be submitted for consideration
- Pieces selected in previous years for Timeraiser may not be submitted again
- All pieces must be recent; created within the last 2 years (2016+)
- Works must be made independently, without guidance or instruction. Artworks made during a workshop or class are not eligible
- All pieces must be original; no copies or prints permitted
- The artwork provided is the original artwork and is the sole intellectual property of the artist, with no copyright infringements. Please refer to the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website link for clarification on copyright:
- Questions regarding what constitutes original artwork? Please contact Arts Council Wood Buffalo or MacDonald Island Community Art Gallery- see contact info below
- All artwork must be ready to hang (wire setting 1/3 from the top of the artwork, no saw tooth hangers).
- All pieces must be framed and signed (stretched canvas must have finished painted edges, no staples showing and artwork on various papers must be in a frame with glass front.)
- For safety and security purposes, 3D artwork chosen will only be showcased during the open reception and silent auction.
- Artist sets the price of the artwork and price must include framing and any taxes (up to a maximum of $300)
- Art will be selected by a non-exhibiting jury consisting of a FuseSocial representative, a member of the MI Visual Arts Department, Art Council of Wood Buffalo representative and an artist in the community. There is no guarantee that all art will be chosen.
- Selected artists will be notified via email by Friday March 2, 2018
- Successful entries into the exhibit are to be dropped off to the Snye Room at Suncor Community Leisure Centre on:
- Thursday March 22 (6pm-9pm) o Friday March 23 (12pm-3pm)
- Artists are responsible for making arrangements to drop-off their artwork at the designated time and space as the artwork cannot be stored at the gallery.
- Exhibition of the artwork will commence on Monday March 26, 2018. The Timeraiser event occurs on April 19th, 2018.
NEW! BUDDING ARTIST SUBMISSION WORKSHOP
Arts Council Wood Buffalo is proud to host a Budding Artist Submission Workshop on Saturday January 20, 2018 to assist new, emerging artists on best practices in photographing, framing and pricing artwork. More specific details will be available shortly, so please stay tuned!