Deadline Friday, Oct. 11, 2017
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB) is seeking artists to perform during selected evenings of igNIGHT, an outdoor exhibition of illuminated temporary public art pieces. igNIGHT takes place between October 20 to 29, 2017 at Jubilee Plaza and McMurray Experience.
In recognition of Canada’s 150th anniversary, the theme of igNIGHT 2017 is Canadian culture. Applicants must incorporate this theme into their performance.
- The RMWB welcomes submissions from both established and emerging local artists, individuals and groups, including but not limited to musicians, DJs and bands of all genres, storytellers, dancers, children’s performers, theatre and circus artists.
- Performances will be selected based on the quality, engagement/audience appropriateness, price range, genre of their proposed service.
- In keeping with the nature of igNIGHT, artists or groups are required to incorporate an element of illumination (such as lights, glow in the dark accessories, etc) into their performance.
- Artists or groups should take into consideration unforeseeable events such as inclement weather.
- All artists or groups must be fully set-up by the start of their scheduled time slot.
- Artists or groups must understand that igNIGHT is family focused and any act deemed inappropriate will immediately be removed from the event.
- The RMWB can provide a 10’ x 10’ entertainment tent. Artist or groups must request additional equipment in their application. This can include six-foot tables and chairs, PA System, power, etc. Artists are responsible for supplying any additional supplies.
- Artists or groups are responsible for the set-up and take-down of their activity in its entirety.
- Security is limited, please ensure that all valuables are not left unattended.
igNIGHT is taking place from October 20 to 29. The RMWB is seeking proposals for performances for the evenings of October 20, 21, 22 and October 27, 28 and 29. Time slots will be defined at a later date.
Budget: A fee for service will be provided.
Selection Process: Qualified performance artists will be selected on a first come first serve basis and based on available dates and proposed entertainment/activity.
Entertainers are required to provide the following information in their proposals:
- Artist and/or group bio (100 words maximum)
- Description of performance or activity
- Artist fee/cost for service.
- Additional equipment and supplies needed (e.g., tables, chairs, PA system, power)
- Listing of preferred dates
- A statement which specifically addresses how the performance or activity will a) incorporate illumination and b) relate to the theme of Canada’s 150th anniversary
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017
For more information, contact the Community Strategies branch: