Deadline: August 18, 2017
Empty Bowls Artist Marketplace: Call for Artist Vendors
The Empty Bowls Festival is a family friendly celebration of local talent including visual arts, performing arts, and fine craft. This event will draw the community together, bring awareness to local hunger issues, and raise funds for the Wood Buffalo Food Bank.
Guests will purchase a hand-crafted bowl, made by the Fort McMurray Potter’s Guild, and with that bowl they make their way around the festival, sampling creations from several stations hosted by local eateries. They will also enjoy art performances, activities, and vendors.
Local artists can either participate in the festival as a vendor that sells their artwork or as a vendor that shares information about themselves or their group/organization.
DATE: Sunday, September 10, 2017 11:00 – 3:00 PM
LOCATION: Jubilee Plaza and MacDonald Avenue
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 18, 2017
• Access to an estimated 750 Empty Bowl attendees.
• A 10’ x 10’ tent with 1 six foot table and 2 chairs OR you can bring your own tent. Power is limited so it must be requested.
• Art market ambassador to ensure smooth set up and take down.
• Promotion in various Empty Bowls advertising and communications.
• Tax receipts for donated portion of sales.
• Application form is due by August 18, 2017.
Scanned applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18, 2017.
Printed applications must be dropped off at:
Wood Buffalo Food Bank Association
10117 King Street, Fort McMurray AB T9H 3J1
• Artist vendors will be chosen on a first come, first serve basis.
• This is a rain or shine event and artists must take this into consideration. If a vendor decides to cancel after September 3, 2017 (excluding family or health emergencies), they must pay a $150 cancellation fee and forfeit any applicable payment.
• If you are an artist vendor selling your work, we ask that 15% of your sales be donated back to the Wood Buffalo Food Bank. A tax receipt will be issued for the donation amount.
• Artists must have their own general liability insurance for this event. The Wood Buffalo Food Bank, its partners, and sponsors are not responsible for: damage to, or theft of, artwork or other materials; injuries or accidents to the artist and/or guests.
• Artists must be permanent residents of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
• Artists must be fully set-up a minimum of 45 minutes prior to the start of the event.
• The festival is family focused and anything deemed inappropriate will either not be chosen to participate or immediately be removed
from the event.
• Artists are responsible for supplying any additional equipment needed, and are responsible for the set-up and take-down of their booth in its entirety.
• Artists are responsible for their own meals.
ART ACTIVITY APPLICATION FORM
Download the guidelines and application form HERE.