Arts Council Wood Buffalo – Executive Director Position
Arts Council Wood Buffalo is excited for the opportunity to bring new insights and leadership into our growing non-profit organization. Below is a summarized version of the job description. For the full job description click HERE.
Who We Are
Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is a non-profit organization that champions investment in the arts in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. ACWB was established to raise the profile of the arts in our region and to provide support to all facets of the arts community.
ACWB offers a variety of services and events that: build the capacity of our local artists to compete and thrive; create collaborations between artists, arts organizations, non-profits, and industry; and, provide opportunities for the community to express itself through the arts.
Through these initiatives, Arts Council Wood Buffalo is working to create a remarkable quality of life for all those living in our region.
The Executive Director of the Arts Council Wood Buffalo (ACWB) is responsible for the successful leadership and operations of ACWB according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director is responsible for establishing and implementing goals and objectives for the Arts Council which align with the ACWB Strategic Plan and clearly articulating these goals in annual business plans.
The position is responsible for leading the evaluation of all projects, programs, and operations to determine effectiveness in achieving the organization’s strategic priorities. The ED develops and maintains an effective organizational structure and manages all aspects of human resource development. They direct major activities through ACWB staff and through collaboration with other organizations. The Executive Director represents the Organization to the ACWB membership, wider arts community, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, other social profit agencies, funders, and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
• Leadership & Influence
• Advocacy & Stakeholder Relations
• Operational Management
• Financial Planning & Management
• Completed a post-secondary education in non-profit, business, cultural management, or related field.
• A preference will be given to art related experience
• Proven record of five or more years of senior management experience in a non-profit environment, preferably in the cultural sector.
• Experience working with Wood Buffalo’s diverse communities would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profit organizations.
• Knowledge of and experience with all federal and provincial legislation applicable to operating a non-profit organization including (but not limited to): employment standards, occupational health and safety, taxation, privacy, anti-spam, etc.
• Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities related to ACWB’s mission and objectives.
• Knowledge of human resources management, financial management, and project management
• Proven track record of developing and adapting the operations of a growing organization with diverse programs and stakeholders.
• Experience and ability with advocacy and government relations • Demonstrated ability to develop and implement policy guidelines with a sound understanding of effective governance within a policy governance structure.
Click ACWB Executive Director Position Description for the full job description. Please submit your resume by email to email@example.com. Application deadline is December 30th 2016. Please note that it is our practice to contact only those candidates who are chosen to proceed in the competition.