The “Action Sports” workshop will introduce you to the fundamentals of sports photography. Throughout the workshop we will be discussing and practicing techniques that can help make impactful sports images. Participants in this workshop will be given the opportunity to become part of the Games Photography Squad from February 16-19, 2018
Date: November 18, 2017
Time: 9:00 – 12:00noon
Optional: opportunity to practice skills 1:00pm or 3:00pm at the Syncrude Sport and wellness Centre
Class size maximum: 16
This course will require a good understanding of Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO. It will also be essential for the students to have the following:
· DSLR Camera
· Memory Cards
**Students may also find it useful to have:
· Telephoto Lens
Instructor: Stephen Gartner, MEd, BEd, BA
Instructor Bio: Steve Gartner, M.Ed., B.Ed., B.A.
Steve Gartner is a photographer, digital artist, and a teacher who completed his Bachelor of Education with Arts as his primary teaching area after receiving his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Saskatchewan. Steve has been working with photography and lighting techniques for over 15 years. Currently Steve is focusing on high-speed photography and low light photography. He also takes pride in being an active member of the Fort McMurray community and teaching a variety of classes aimed at building a solid foundation in the arts.
- Participants must provide their own SLR camera.
- Participants must have a working knowledge of their camera and a good understanding of Aperture, Shutter Speed, and ISO (this is not a beginner course).
- Participants must provide their own transportation to the workshop. Lunch is not provided.
- Participants will be asked to sign a photo waiver
- Participants will be asked to join the 2018 Alberta Winter Games Photography Squad to assist with building the imagery bank for Games Records.
To Register, please email: brandi.gartner@2018AWG.ca
Deadline to Register: Friday November 10, 2017